Saturday, March 19, 2005

Is It Over?

Winter, that is.

Yesterday I drove around with my window open half-way. There is more water than ice on the surface of Olga’s Pond. They were raking out the brush at the Post Office. I didn’t need my headlights when I returned home from the Finance Committee meeting. Kids were playing without their heavy coats. Temperatures are in the 40s. People seem happier. The shovel I had broken and thrown in the snow has emerged. The snow has just about left my porch. I put my thermostat down to 60. The potholes on our dirt roads are starting to be filled in. The Red Sox open in a little over two weeks. Easter is a week away.


But – and there’s always a but with New England weather – snow is predicted for tomorrow, the first day of Spring. Not much, it’s true, but………………..

No comments: