Tuesday, July 05, 2016

Stupidity in Action

One of the credit card companies I use has decided to outsource its website. So, naturally(?) they expect you to register on the new site. Okay, that's not such a big deal, I thought. 

Part of the process was entering a new user id. I tried it twice to no avail; the system said it could not understand my input and that was it, no mention of what my error was. I called technical support.

The technician asked what my error code was. There was no code that I could see. He explained that the code was written in white (as opposed to black) and was difficult to see on the screen. The only way to bring it into view was to move the mouse around the bottom of the screen and hope it highlighted the code, which, after a while it did. The code stood by itself, no indication of what it meant. Fortunately, he knew the code and I was able to finally log on.

No comments: