Thursday, May 11, 2017

Making it easy for the voter

The reverse of the title of this post was my experience in trying to let my representatives know my opinion of our current fiasco. It was virtually impossible to e-mail any of the three. John Larson, my Congressman, did offer e-mail capabilities. The problem was you needed to know all eight digits of your e-mail.  If you didn't, you were routed to the website of the Postal Service. The senators, Blumenthal and Murphy, wanted you to specify the topic of your message. True, they did list many topics, but there was no way I could figure out how to bypass this list.

For a while I have believed that a large part of this country's problems is the quality of our representatives. It's pretty poor. My current case is but a small indication of the weakness of our legislators.

No comments: