Thursday, September 23, 2004

The Hate Campaigns

What’s behind all the vitriol of this presidential campaign? Fortunately, I was not in the States for the 2000 campaign, so I don’t know how bad that one was. But, this is ridiculous.

Neither Kerry nor Bush is the devil incarnate. Yet their supporters act as though it were so.

I know that I’ve changed over the past 35 years and did some stupid things when I was younger that I would not want to be called on the carpet for now. Are Bush and Kerry any different?

We are in more than one major mess today - Iraq, Afghanistan, terrorism, the deficit, the economy, international relations, health insurance, education, the environment, energy, etc., etc. The issue should be who is willing to address these issues and guide us to a better, safer world tomorrow. Although they have spent hundreds of millions of dollars and most of the past almost two years, neither candidate has really said what they think should be done.

These are sad times for this country. We need to find a better way to select our leaders. The current way is not working very well.

No comments: