Wednesday, December 28, 2005

A Gift

I was reading as I waited in the car for my wife to finish shopping when there was a knock on the window. Since my handicapped placard was not in quite the right place and not quite visible, I figured the elderly woman wanted to berate me for parking in a handicapped spot. Then, when she asked whether she could share something with me, visions of her version of how Jesus would save me sped through my mind. But, she wanted to share something real, something close to her and something that might be good for the world.

She had just picked up her mail and in it was a photograph of her second great-grandson which she wanted to share with whoever was around. I happened to be that lucky person to receive her gift. I hope that in 2006 I am lucky enough to again be in the right place at the right time when someone wants to share a similar gift.

No comments: