Sunday, November 09, 2008

An Iraqi Speaks

From Inside Iraq

November 05, 2008

Obama

I am so happy today. I feel hope in the wind.

Obama is the elect president of the U.S of A.

Am I happy for Iraq? I don't know. I don't know what will happen and I'm afraid.

Will he pull out the troops?

Will he care enough to reach a good compromise – fair to the Iraqi people?

Or will he have to go overboard in some issues just to prove that he's American?

Can he withstand the pressures?

But in spite of all my fears, I am so happy for America - You have come such a long way. You had the strength, the will to elect this man of change. And with all my heart I hope he puts America on the path to recovery.

To see America again on the pedestal of freedom and democracy, a benign force that heals instead of hurts, unites instead of divides – soon inshalla.

I wish to congratulate you all.

But to my dear dear friend L – a very special salute indeed.

  • Posted by Sahar IIS at 09:31 AM

No comments: