Friday, January 02, 2015

How can they call it Masterpiece?

I haven't watched Masterpiece Mystery for a long time. Four-and-a-half years ago I thought it was terrible. I summarized my opinions about Wallander, Lewis and Foyle's War. Tonight I watched Endeavour, which is supposedly a tale of Inspector Morse as a young detective. The fellow, Shaun Evans, who plays Morse, could not carry John Thaw's shoes. The plot was stupid and made little sense, the dialogue was hard to understand in many places (although this may be a function of my age) and the acting was not very good. Basically, a waste of time, which is not a good way to start the new year.

1 comment:

R J Adams said...

No one could step into John Thaw's shoes. Morse should have been allowed to die with him. It seems young writers cannot come up with new ideas and have to resort to plagiarizing the greats. We see it all the time: 'off-shoots' of popular TV series; remakes of classic movies - always second rate.