Thursday, May 21, 2020

Do bears like bird seed?


I'd have to say 'yes.'

When I'm at my computer, I have a good view of the bird seed that is put out for the birds. There is a fair amount - four containers of a reasonable size. Every morning when I log on, there are a variety of birds, particularly goldfinch. The birds seem happy to share their food with four squirrels (I think the same ones every day.) and some chipmunks.

A few months ago I came across a study of the bear sightings in Connecticut. The most sightings are in Simsbury, where I currently am. In the past year there were over 400, more than double the number seen in the next town. Well, I guess today was the day we were scheduled to be visited by a good-size bear. He ate half of the seed while destroying the containers. He hung around for 15 minutes or so but was finally driven off by a couple of BB volleys.

I do have a great photo of the bear, but the new version of Google's Blogger software won't allow me to insert it in this - or any - post. Do you have  a suggestion?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, We've met at Duncaster, I'm Jean Low's cousin Bob Low.
I have included pictures in my email by copying and pasting or attaching. It doesn't always work but I've loaded pictures in other picture software and then copied from that and pasted into the email but sometimes it doesn't work at all.
I use Juno and Hotmail and I think my setup uses all HTML rather than text and that may have an effect. I can't paste a picture in this message.
Bob