Friday, June 19, 2020

Bears and bird feed



I have spent most of the Spring in Simsbury, Ct, which, in the past year, has recorded the most visits by bears in Connecticut, over 400, the closest competitor has had about 250 visits. In the nine weeks I have been here, I have seen about one bear a week. The attraction for them appears to be the three bird feeders I see when I'm typing this post. The bears are very strong, the bird feeders (which support not only a range of birds but also squirrels, chipmunks and turkeys) are not strong enough for the bears' appetites; many mornings the feeders have to be straightened out.

5 comments:

Sad said...

Love this!

Anonymous said...

Good you're straightening the feeder, not the bear.

Anonymous said...

How about hanging the bird feeders higher and re-supplying by a pulley system?

sdevito said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
sdevito said...

Is this Vic&Jedd's yard?