Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Newt and I

I never thought that I'd agree with Newt Gingrich on many things. But, if he really believes what he said on "This I Believe" on NPR, I'll have to change my opinion.

Here's what he said, "The gap between our civilization, our prosperity, our freedoms and all of those things is the quality of our leaders, the courage of our people, the willingness to face facts and the willingness to work for solutions -- solutions to energy, solutions to the environment, solutions to the economy, solutions to education and solutions to national security. We have real challenges, we have a wonderful country. We need to keep it, and to keep it we're going to have to learn these kinds of lessons. That's what I believe."

It's the unwillingness to face facts that is the fundamental problem in this country today.

No comments: