Saturday, October 06, 2007

It's nice to feel protected

It's been a pleasure to go to sleep every night knowing my country is doing everything it can to protect me and my family. If it were not, I could not sleep. This concept of a country doing everything it can to protect its citizens is a new one and we all have September 11 to thank for this protection. Heck, if the terrorists hadn't attacked us, we would have remained in our dangerous state with no one to protect us.

I especially appreciate how the executive branch of our government makes sure that as few people as possible know exactly how this level of protection is achieved. Who knows what a Congressman might do if he knew the methods we use? He'd probably be as nasty as the NY Times and actually publish what we do or talk about it in public. These legislators don't realize that they are not part of the government; they don't care about protecting us.

I think that government is best which has as its primary goal our protection, whether or not that government abides by such outmoded concepts as a constitution, truth, justice, honor.

See you later. I have to go back to sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sleep well, my friend. Hopefully, you will avoid those nightmares where they come and kick in your door.