Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Finally it will soon be over

Today we elect our next U.S. Senator. Back in October we all thought it would be Coakley. I still think so but there is a slight possibility she will lose. I say 'slight' because if you look at Brown's record and statements it is pretty obvious that he represents a relatively small minority of the voters in this state. For example, he is for waterboarding.

While I have not studied her record in detail, she seems to have done a decent job as DA and Attorney General. However, the embarassment of her campaign raises questions as to whether I am mistaken. Politicians that hold major office, such as Senator, need to have a good staff. If her political advisers in this campaign accurately reflect her people skills, she will be another weak senator. One technique she's used - telephone calls to private homes - could backfire in the voting booth.

In my case I would certainly vote for Brown - if he were not so opposed to what I think is good for this country - because of the number and timing of the phone calls touting her candidacy; it does not matter if those calls included ones by Obama, Bill Clinton, Joe Biden and Vicki Kennedy.

No comments: