Saturday, July 24, 2010

Conservation is great as long as I can live the way I want

The movement of water around, over, and throug...Image via Wikipedia
I know that I am out of touch with the real world of the American consumer. So I shouldn't have been surprised when I read that some people have paid as much as $5,457 for a showerhead. True, it's not a showerhead I would use; it has a 24-inch spray, 358 no-clog channels and a triple massage option. But it is one that has been bought by a number of my fellow citizens. And it is one that the government feels is too wasteful and should not be sold.

Need I mention that the manufacturers of these showerheads are up in arms at the effrontery of the government? They feel that they should be allowed to sell these devices even though they use 12 gallons of water per minute. The government is trying "to regulate the bathing habits of Americans". How can the government do this? Are our resources not infinite?

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: