Thursday, December 16, 2010

10 Days

It's been an interesting 11 days since my last posting. Ten days of vacation and more and day 1 of recovery.

The ten days were spent cruising the Caribbean. It was my first ocean cruise; it was quite different from the river cruises we have taken. First of all, this boat was huge, 1930 people, 961 feet long. The river cruises had 150 or fewer passengers on a ship only slightly larger than the Vineyard ferry. The river cruises were more relaxing; the ocean cruise had something going 24 hours a day despite the fact that the age of the average passenger on both types of cruise was about the same - 70. As usual, I was able to do my own thing. I read 4 mysteries, visited the port towns and generally vegged out. While the mind seldom stops cranking away, this time my mind was in an another quieter world most of the time.

My major distraction was the realization that for the first time in 48+ years I was not a homeowner. I sold my house here on the Vineyard, with the closing papers being passed on my second day of vacation. Soon, I will be starting the final act. I can't say that I have yet to fully understand all the scenes that will be played in this act. The acts so far have been interesting to me and to some that I love. Maybe you'll check in here every so often to see what's happening.

1 comment:

R J Adams said...

You're very brave to become a personage of 'no fixed abode'. Rest assured, I shall watch your future with interest. I hope it is extremely fruitful for you.