Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Good, maybe Great, Customer Service

You wouldn't believe that I'm talking about the federal government, would you? But, I am. The Feds are moving some companies to whom they grant subsidies to a different method of payment. To be eligible for this new method, you have to sign up for the Central Contractor Registration system. I have had a couple of occasions to call Customer Service. Every time I have done so, the service has been what we should always get. There is no inquisition as to the last four digits of your SSN or your birthday or whether you have two heads. Yet, they do verify that you are authorized to be accessing the information they control. And, most importantly, they answer your questions politely as fellow human beings. They know what they are doing and have answered any question promptly, intelligently and without condescension. It's been a pleasure talking with them.

1 comment:

R J Adams said...

Wow! I'd almost forgotten what customer service was. I'm just sorry us 'ordinary' folk can't contact them, for the sheer pleasure of hearing a polite, human, voice.