Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Maybe I'll regret this in the morning

I surprised myself in that I am still awake even though the 'debate' is over and I watched the whole thing.  I'm not sure whether it is our country or these candidates, but I found very little of substance in either candidate or, for that matter, in Jim Lehrer, the moderator.

I was most struck by two of Romney's assertions:  he's against the concept of "Too Big To Fail" banks and his belief that businesses would increase hiring if their taxes were the same, provided the rates were lower but the deductions were fewer.  In that case, the taxes would be the same since he said that the tax revenues to the fed would not decrease.  So, if taxes were the main driver of a business, why would it shift into a hiring mode because taxes have not changed?

I also thought Obama's wishing his wife "Happy Anniversary" was pretty lame.

Overall, Mitt did better than Barack.


No comments: