Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Deciding whether to release a computer program

The Obama administration acknowledges that Healthcare.gov will not work 20% of the time on December 1. Yet, they believe that Healthcare.gov will be good enough to be used by 80% of those trying to do so. If my company released software that would not work 1 out of 5 times, I would have been out of business very quickly, as no one would be stupid enough to buy such software. Would you use Amazon if you knew you would fail 20% of the time? 

Not only would the system not work, it is likely that it will still be sending false information about applicants to the insurance companies. And, of course, if I were Spanish, I would be out of luck as the Spanish-language website will probably not be running. Nor will the online small business marketplace.
I guess the administration thinks we're idiots. I'm not sure GW thought so. 
Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2013/11/25/209704/obama-officials-healthcaregov.html#storylink=cpy

No comments: