Monday, May 19, 2014

Entertainment 2014

I've been out of action for the past couple of weeks and have been forced to watch more television than I normally do. Despite claims made by many critics that the quality of tv has improved, I can't accept that conclusion for the vast majority of programs.

First of all, the number of advertisements has increased dramatically, it seems that at least half of the time one is bombarded by ads. The most common ads are for the pill that will save your life. These ads are very carefully crafted and manage to almost hide mention of side effects.

The cost of producing a program must have decreased, as there are so many reality shows. Why anyone would pay the performers in these shows in beyond me? I suppose the number of these stars is reflective of our growing population. There are still the 10% nutter population, but it's a lot larger on an absolute basis.

I used to like watching mysteries. But now the crimes are overly violent.

Oh, well, I'm getting old.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

2 things: DVR and cable tv shows .
will solve your problems

Cell Sentry said...

TV has changed. Cable channels such as FX and AMC put out far better productions than the networks.
I also agree with you regarding the mysteries and dramas, the violence in some of these shows is awful.