Wednesday, June 14, 2006

How the Democratic Party Wins Voters - Not!

About a week ago I received an e-mail from Howard Dean. Since I could not recall having registered for such e-mails and, more importantly, having absolutely no desire to receive further e-mails, I pressed the Unsubscribe button. However, unlike the hundreds of Unsubscribe buttons I have activated, I could not unsubscribe until I received an e-mail from the Democrats containing a confirmation number. I felt that this approach was impolitic and a pain in the arse. So, I took the time to write a note explaining that I wanted to be taken off the list.

Well, since I'm writing this, you can guess that I received another e-mail. This time I called the Democratic National Office in D.C. at my expense as they have an 800 number only for contributions. First, I was put on hold. Then, I got an answering machine. Perhaps their Internet people have problems reading English or talking with people. Or, this may be a symptom of some Democrats feeling that they know what is good for me.

No comments: