Monday, November 20, 2006

The Comcast Cancer Spreads

Last week Comcast demonstrated its incompetence and anti-customer attitude with my home computer. This week is my work computer's turn.

Last Friday I spoke to Joanne at Comcast who told me we would be connected within a couple of hours and she would call me back then. Seventy-two hours later I had not heard from Joanne, so I called them again. The technician to whom I spoke realized that the problem required an on-site technician; I'd be called within two hours with a time for the appointment. You know that no one called back with 2+ hours. I called Pam who would research the issue and call me right back. After an hour I called back and the fun really began. I was connected with residential service, then commercial, then residential, then the Spanish line twice. Finally I was connected with an Adelphia person who seemed to know what he was doing. Unfortunately, he could not get me on-line. So the technician is due to come Wednesday morning.

So, I spent close to three hours on the telephone today, about 45 minutes of which was productive in that I spoke to someone who actually knew something. But, still no e-mail and no web. Also, still no response from the e-mail I sent to Ms Rudnay on Sunday, the 12th.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When a company is taken over and all hardware, software, databases need to be consolidated and whatnot hwo SMOOTH do you think that transition can really be?

It always a train wreck within the first 6 months of a buyout. After things are set up Comcast will most likely start pouring money into your plant as they have every other area they have bought out.