Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Comcast Update

In keeping with their apparent anti-customer policy, Comcast has yet to even acknowledge my letter of Sunday. Their hot line has at least a thirty minute wait. But, I can be consoled as I am not alone. Many of my former fellow Adelphia users are having similar problems with our new vendor.

Serendipity has played a fairly large role in my life. I won't go into the occasions when my life has changed simply because I 'chose' to wear a blue suit or a moth flew right instead of left. The latest occasion has enabled my wife and I to send e-mails using our Adelphia e-mail addresses.

Brian Athearn is a fellow member of the Finance Committee and, more importantly, a computer technician. He has been inundated with calls for help in converting to Comcast. By 'chance' I met him yesterday. He suggested that I change the name of my outgoing mail server. I did and got further than on Sunday: e-mails were making it to Comcast's server but were being rejected because of a supposedly faulty password. I eliminated password checking and, voila, outgoing mail.

I would have thought that the Comcast support people would have had the same suggestion. But they had none. It was someone from our small Island who had the answer. Talent is all around us if we only look.

No comments: