Thursday, November 02, 2006

The Problem with Software from Microsoft

I installed Firefox 2.0 last week. It took about a minute. I was using the new version as soon as it was installed.

I installed Internet Explorer 7.0 last night. After 15 minutes it was finally installed, but I had to re-boot. After the re-boot it could not find anything on the web, i.e., it did not work.

In the world of software - and many other worlds - simpler is usually better.

Update:
Well, I never could get IE7 to run. So, I elected Microsoft's option to uninstall 7 and go back to 6. Now IE6 will not connect.

3 comments:

R J Adams said...

I had the exact same problem with IE7 and uninstalled it. IE6 is working again, but when using it to open Blogger via the top navigation bar it only works if I 'open in new window'. I installed Firefox in one minute and that has been my default browser ever since. It works perfectly. I think Microsoft is pushing the boundaries to try and stay ahead of the competition and marketing before its software is fully perfected. I may try IE7 again in a year or so!

American in Nicaragua said...

Me too. We installed the new IE7 and have nothing but problems. I try not to download anything from Microsoft, for fear it will take over the computor. Less is more!

Al DeVito said...

Muriel,

Try Firefox. You'll like it.