Saturday, November 06, 2010

And Then There's the Issue of Pre-Sales

In September I received a telephone call from Paychex, a national vendor of payroll services. As we were not happy with our current vendor, I consented to their scheduling an appointment with us for a week later. The day of the appointment came and went without a word from Paychex despite my having called them when it became obvious that they were not going to keep the appointment. I have yet to hear from the company apologizing for missing the appointment.

Since our dissatisfaction with our current payroll services vendor continued and some of us felt like playing CYA, I contacted Paychex via their web site. It took over a week for a representative to call me. I was out when he called. I'm waiting once more for him to return my call. What are the odds he will? More importantly, what are the odds I'll consent to give him the opportunity to make a sale?

1 comment:

Brendan Nicholls said...

Al,

Interesting blog...I am the sales manager for a national payroll firm similar to them, and I'm sure if I did that to a potential client I'd be sitting on the sidewalk!