Sunday, November 14, 2010

A Better Approach

Okay, I get upset when I receive poor customer service, which is becoming the norm in this country. However, every so often a company does what it should be doing to retain customers. I've just returned from a weekend during which I rode the train. I must confess that I was expecting poor service, as I would be riding Amtrak. I was wrong. Amtrak did provide quite good service.

The first indication that something might be right came when I used the ticket kiosk. I couldn't believe it took seconds to print my tickets. Then when I was boarding the train the conductor helped with my bag. When he took my ticket he explained the 'privileges' of business class as it was obvious that I was a 'newbie'. Upcoming stations were announced in plenty of time. Explanations of planned and unplanned delays were forthcoming promptly. All in all, a pleasurable experience which I look forward to repeating.

No comments: