Saturday, January 23, 2016

Snow and a CCRC

CCRC stands for Continuing Care Retirement Community. I live in one. Duncaster is located in Bloomfield, Ct, which is not scheduled to get the storm of the century. We expect maybe 5 inches. My son who lives in Brooklyn had 6 inches when we spoke 4 hours ago. He expects snow throughout the day and night. It looks like New York City will get a bad storm, but not the storm of the century. Here's how it looked in Prospect Park in Brooklyn a few hours ago.



Here at Duncaster, I have really little concern about the storm. I no longer have a snow shovel as Duncaster does all the shoveling and it will clean off my car if the snow reaches 3 inches. If the electricity fails, a generator will click in and keep things going. I don't have to run to the supermarket to buy food, the regular Saturday night dinner will be served in the Dining Room. Tomorrow, a dance troupe will perform for us. If I need medical help, I simply call the on-site clinic.

All-in-all not a bad deal.

No comments: