Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Thoughts re 9/11

If you're like me, you had no idea that the world would change after you went to bed on September 10, 2001. Change it did, but not for the better.

That day was the first time in 70 years I thought again about the possibility of a city in the U.S. being bombed. I worried about my son who lived in New York and as a subway rider worked near the bomb center. A sister had just finished a trip to Italy and was on her way home. I had to drive to Canada in a day or two.

To me, the beginning of the 21st century marked the start of our decline from being the leader of the world. The unity that existed then has faded away. The quality of our leaders is almost laughable. Our military is in more than 100 countries of the world, although it has not won a war since 1945. There's lots more wrong, but why repeat the obvious.

No comments: