Friday, October 27, 2006

Ross for Governor

I'm not a member of a political party. It's unlikely that I would join the Green Party. But, I have to tell you, I was impressed with Grace Ross, the Green Party candidate for governor of Massachusetts, when I saw her in a recent debate. Today's Boston Globe had an illuminating article about her.

She really is the star of what is a very dismal field, full of impolite, screaming demagogues who want your vote but, with the exception of Mihos and Ross, won't really tell you in fairly specific terms what they will do to try to fix the problems in the state and why we should believe that their programs will work and they can implement them. Ideas are cheap. It's picking the right ones and making them happen that is tough. With the exception of Ross, these people don't seem to be the types that have original ideas or the talent to pick good ones and make them happen.

No comments: