Tuesday, January 01, 2008

A Different Newspaper

In the past year or so I've written several posts based on articles in the McClatchy newspapers. I think it's one of the best newspapers in this country. I've been surprised this past week when two other publications I read - The Wall Street Journal and the NY Review of Books - featured the McClatchy chain.

The Journal's article talked about the recent problems McClatchy has had after a long run of being king of the hill. Michael Massing in the NY Review praises the Iraqi blog, Inside Iraq, as being truly reflective of daily life in Iraq for Iraqis. Surprisingly, Leila Fadel, the bureau chief, is only 26 years old. This is just another indication that McClatchy is a different newspaper company.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been reading Leila Fadel's blog for sometime now. It offers a rare glimpse of the true state of affairs in that country. She's an excellent journalist.