Tuesday, July 14, 2009

It's Been A While

I've had a number of personal obligations to fulfill over the past three weeks, have been out of touch with the larger world and have had no access to the web. My snail mail box is full with unread newspapers and magazines, so I guess I'll be resuming regular posting soon.

My occasional exposure to the so-called wider world showed that we still have trouble addressing real issues. Was the death of Michael Jackson worth almost a full week of non-stop Jacksonia on many television stations? Shouldn't some of the national media be reporting on our wars or our still-troubled economy or the administration's attempt to preserve our failed banking system or...........?

1 comment:

R J Adams said...

I was becoming concerned for your welfare, though I, too, have been 'out of the loop' for a few weeks. It made a pleasant change from the madness we both comment on.
Good to see you back.