Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Honoring Your Father


The painting above was smuggled into the Glenbow Museum in Calgary.It was painted by Gerald Dwight Byron, who died 50 years ago.  Someone, likely Mr. Byron's son, simply walked into the museum during business hours and hung the painting.  He also included a note:
“As a child 50 years ago I recall my father Gerald Dwight Byron with pride would frequently state that his art would be in a museum one day. With regret he passed away that same year. Well today I which (sic) to fulfil my fathers (sic) dreams.”
“I have been hesitant with a conscience. My actions might be selfish and irresponsible but Im (sic) being torn apart. What takes precedent (sic), my moral obligations to my parents or museum policy. . . . Please do not disrupt a joyous occasion. I will contact you in one week.”
The museum will return the painting to the 'donor'.

No comments: