Monday, February 07, 2005

Another New England Triumph

It was a lot closer game than most had expected. The Patriots won because they were better coached in what to do in the waning moments of close games. Philadelphia did not know how to use time. They took too long getting back to the huddle. They did not get out of bounds when they could have. They caught passes at the scrimmage line when there was no hope of any sort of return. They couldn’t operate without a huddle.

Had they made better use of their last 2+ minutes, there may have been a different result.

1 comment:

R J Adams said...

I'm sure it was a great game, Al, but I've given up trying to understand American football, I think it's beyond an Englishman's comprehension! I do still enjoy the occasional British soccer match on (I think) Fox Sports.