Monday, May 02, 2011

Why all the fuss?

I really find it very hard to understand why people are celebrating in a most extreme way the death of Osama bin Laden. Some of the celebrations remind me of those of V-J Day. However, V-J Day was the end of WWII. We are nowhere through having to combat terrorists. Yet, people seem to be acting as though we have won and peace will rule the planet. It's been almost ten years since 9/11. What has Osama done in that time frame? Was he stronger or weaker in 2011 than he was in 2001? There are no quick fixes to the quandaries we find ourselves in.




1 comment:

R J Adams said...

I quite agree. My neighbor's hung his flag out, as though it were a national holiday. He's a strict Lutheran, and quite how he equates the violent killing of his enemy with his Christian beliefs is beyond me.