Wednesday, June 22, 2011

It's a different world for me

Some people are so addicted to Facebook that they have to tell everybody their latest exploits, no matter what those exploits are. Take Jason Valdez for instance. Here he is posting messages while the police are trying to arrest him for drug violations. I guess Valdez did not want to be arrested so he took a hostage and proceeded to fend off the police for 16 hours. During this time he made six postings about his situation, including photos of himself and his hostage. This certainly seems strange to me. But so does the fact that he eventually ended the standoff by shooting himself in the chest.

It shouldn't surprise me but it does that Valdez is not the first person to let his Facebook universe know he is committing a crime. One idiot logged into Facebook while burglarizing a house and failed to log out; he was quickly captured. Others have been arrested because of their use of Facebook.

Okay, it's the 21st century and I should expect this. But i just find it bizarre. I wonder what other weird things are posted on this communication medium.

No comments: