Sunday, February 19, 2006

The "Collection"

I must have finished the puzzle in the NY Times Magazine faster today, for I found myself actually reading some of the advertisements. Some of the ads for apartments and houses were beyond belief.

Consider the "Peter Som Collection of Residences". Who the hell is Peter Som and why does he have a collection of places to live that he is trying to sell for a mere $795,000 to $7,0000,000? Why does the Corcoran Group Real Estate want to sell me an apartment that makes sure that where I live says who I am? Why should having a different abode let me live who I am? Why do I need the 23 foot kitchen that's available in lofts that start at $2.3 million? Why will my life at Avery, a 30-story luxury condominium bringing a balanced life style to the Upper West Side, be perfectly balanced?

No comments: