Saturday, July 12, 2008

Boone Pickens may have something

T. Boone Pickens, the oil and gas man, may actually have a viable plan to reduce our dependence on oil - use wind and natural gas. The middle of the country can be a windy place, but we can use the wind to supply some of our electricity; Pickens thinks 20% by 2030. Natural gas, of which we have plenty, would be used to power cars. It now powers 7,000,000 cars around the world but a platry 150,000 here. The technology exists today. The natural gas exists today. The wind exists today. It sounds reasonable to me. What do you think?

1 comment:

pastormike said...

I never heard of tboon pickens till about a week ago.
I think I like the plan, I just seen it and It seems pretty solid. I dont know though? He is a billionaire after all. Can he be trusted? His complete plan is at http://www.tboonpickens.com
I wonder if either candidate will embrace his plan., I signed a petition asking Obama to at least give his plan serious consideration. You can sign the petition at http://www.theobamaplan.com