Tuesday, August 19, 2008

We Live in Funny Times

To regular readers the title of this post has to be a strange one as I have been lamenting the times in which we live since before I started this usually daily conversation with myself and some of you. But if you watch the Daily Show you do known that even Bush and Bin Laden can be funny when looked at from Jon Stewart's angle.

When I first started watching him a few years ago, I was convinced that it was not only funny, but, more importantly, it was the best news show on television. Clearly, now a lot of other people think so, too. Whether it's a survey by Pew, a lengthy article in the NY Times, a squib in The Atlantic - whatever it is, the show has reached the stage where it is a necessary stop for anyone who thinks they have written a serious tome. More importantly, it is a refuge for those of us who need to laugh through our tears.

No comments: