Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Once More Into The Breach

How is it possible that the U.S. invented the internet but we pay more for slower service than many of the Western nations? Sad but true. I can't believe that I've been saying this for five years. As has Bruce Kushnick. His latest diatribe was triggered by the release of the FCC Internet Access report.

This report cost around $300,000,000 to produce but it's hard to figure out what the money was spent on as much of the data is wrong. Go here, type in your zip code and see how accurate the data is. I did it for my old stomping ground, the Vineyard, and was surprised to see that Comcast does not provide service there although most of the Vineyarders I know use either Comcast or Verizon.

After Kushnick eviscerates the FCC report, he naturally moves to the cost and speed of broadband here and elsewhere. You know we are getting raped, yet the FCC will likely allow the providers to charge us even more.

No comments: