Thursday, January 05, 2012

CCTV-9

CCTV-9Image via Wikipedia
I had never watched Chinese television until I went to this site. I arrived at CCTV-9 via another site I had never visited, WIMP.com. WIMP is a rather basic site for video uploads, but it does host some rather interesting videos. And it was through an interesting video that I got to WIMP. This video showed how some Filipinos are using soda bottles as a source of light. It's a quite ingenuous idea that uses solar power. One problem with WIMP from my point of view was that videos can not be downloaded.

CCTV-9 seems to be China's response to Voice of America. You can visit many Chinese TV stations while operating in languages - mainly English, French and Spanish as far as I can tell - other than Chinese. However, it does lack a search facility. I'm sure it, like VOA, is censored, as it is a marketing ploy by a government.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: