Monday, April 21, 2008

Hillary's Demise?

Tomorrow I may regret writing this, but I have the sense that Hillary will not win Pennsylvania. Definitely she will not win it by as big a margin as she started with.

I think that there is a feeling about that Hillary is from the past and the country is in such bad shape we can't afford to stay as we are. Just about all of her slams against Obama seem to be having little effect with real people as opposed to the pundits. Obama is still raising more money. Superdelegates are moving in his direction.

There was an interesting article by McClatchy Newspapers about the number of Pennsylvania voters that switched parties. 178,000 have done so and 92% have gone from Republican to Democrat. That's about 4% of the total voters and these people are very likely to vote. I don't think they will be voting for Hillary.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There's one thing you can say about Americans: they're full of surprises.
I expected Clinton to win - I don't think the idea of a black president sits too well with many in Pennsylvania. (Mind, it is easier to make that prediction after the event!)