Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Rethinking Australia

Okay, I don't spend a lot of time thinking about Australia. I've been assuming that it's a nation that believes in free speech at least as much as most Western countries do. However, today comes news that Australia wants to be like China and ban some things from the internet, the things being whatever the powers that be think harmful to the citizens of their country.

Where is this world heading to? I was born when Fascism was at its height in Europe. When I die, will I be living in a West comprised of fascistic states?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There may well be a West comprised of fascistic states before we die. Who would have thought Australia would be among them? I believed Rudd would be good for the country. Obviously, I was wrong.